Enemy of My Enemy by Tal Bauer (#2): Happiness, awe, shock, anger, tears, screams broken hearts. Name it. I’ve done it all. I’ve felt it all.

Enemy of My Enemy Enemy of My Enemy by Tal Bauer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**5 stars**

Do you want a rollercoaster of emotion? Read this series.

Happiness, awe, shock, anger, tears, screams broken hearts. Name it. I’ve done it all. I’ve felt it all.

This second book is the best so far. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars because it definitely deserves so much more. It was fast-paced, full of action and never left the romance behind.

Enemy of my enemy continues with Ethan and Jack’s journey as the most controversial couple in the world. I won’t get into the plot because I don’t want to spoil anything. You gotta suffer the same way I did *muahahaha*. If you want: read the blurb, it tells you enough about what you are getting into.

Ethan and Jack’s love just take my breath away. I adore the way they interact with each other and the way they *show me* how truly and deeply in love they are. That’s always a "must-have" for me when I’m reading, especially when it’s a sequel.

“I’m with you all the way”


Again, it hovered over the edge of being way too cheesy at the beginning but with everything that happened AFTER, I’m glad it was like that because I just grabbed myself to those words that were said at the beginning to continue reading through my (and Ethan’s) broken heart.

“I love you,” he breathed. “Know that. No matter what. I love you. And I’ll do anything for this love, Ethan. Anything”


God, seriously if Ethan hurts, I hurt even worse. And I didn't suffer only with him. There are some new side characters introduced by Bauer in this book that I immediately connected with. That’s what I like about Bauer, his writing style sucks you into the story and he makes you feel so much and so connected with the characters that it doesn’t matter who, as long as they are good people, you’ll feel their joy or pain. That’s what happened to me with Adam and Faisal *sigh*. Those two made the story way better for me… I was constantly waiting to read more about them and hoping they’ll stop hurting. They almost steal the show from Ethan and Jake. ALMOST.

And don’t get me started with Sergey and Sasha………….. AND DOC! I love that sarcastic bastard. Adam is a lucky one having him on his team. I hope none of them turns out being the bad guy or I swear I’ll lose my mind.

I’m so thankful for the several POV. It improves the reading experience, it makes you feel like you are watching a movie instead of reading a book and it helps you to get to know more things about different characters.

I like how Bauer continued developing this story. I’m utterly impressed by everything he had built till now; I’m envious of his mind, of his imagination. There are lots of thing going on and there are billion of things he has to take into account to put this story on the edge of realism that............ *gasp*

I’m kinda afraid this will happen on RL now…

This weekend I’ve been reading non-stop so I’ll jump to the third one RIGHT NOW. Who said sleeping is important? I’m relieved they are all out because this one ended on a cliff-hanger and I can’t wait to get started.

View all my reviews

Comentarios

Entradas populares