P.S. I Spook You: Criminal Minds and Ghost Whisperer combined to create this amazing story

P.S. I Spook You P.S. I Spook You by S.E. Harmon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**5 stars**

There aren’t enough stars in the universe to show how much I loved this book.

From the moment I read the blurb, I knew this was going to be a winner for me. I mean, it mixes my two favorites show of all: Criminal minds and Ghost Whisperer, how on earth am I not supposed to love it?

God, I had so much fun with this book. The banter was the best part; I couldn’t stop laughing, not even for a minute. Even though is a mystery/paranormal book is not dark at all. I mean, the main character is named “Rainstorm” there’s nothing serious about it! Not to mention that his twin sister is named “Skylar” LOL.

“I’m just glad we weren’t triplets. One of you is truly enough.”
She shrugged. “I’m glad too. They would have probably named that poor bastard Earth.”


Rain’s mom is such a riot and I loved the hippie influence in this book. I enjoyed a lot seeing her trying to clean Rain’s aura.

[…] lithe fingers plucking things from the air around my head. “Stop cleaning my aura,” I said without turning.




The story is told by Rain’s POV and I loved being in his head because he’s such a clever and witty guy, and I guess his inner thoughts were the best of all, really:

“I couldn’t help but think Taylor Swift had it right - it had never been clearer that we were never, ever, ever getting back together again.”


I have to say that S.E. Harmon did an excellent job with this single POV because I didn’t have any problem getting to know Danny from Rain’s perspective. I’m impressed by her character building; it’s the first book that I read from her so I don’t know if she always does it this great :).



To those who don't know: this is a second chance story. The romance certainly doesn’t get lost in the background, there even are some steamy moments, some delicious sex scenes and I know they aren’t quite enough but I don’t care because I’ll take a great plot any day, over sex scenes with a plot that’s mediocre.

And those who aren’t fond of mystery stories, you have nothing to worry about. I know that sometimes it can be damn slow, but it wasn’t the case in here. The mystery was smooth and it kept you through the whole book guessing “who did it” even if at the end it was pretty obvious (at least to me) the author knew how to create tension that keeps you on the edge of your seat worry sick for Rain.

Overall, I think the mystery scenario was well done; the plot was extremely great and the writing was splendid. The only thing is that I’d have preferred is to see Rain interacting more with ghosts. Other than that, it was a perfect book for me. It goes directly to my favorite shelf :)

I highly recommend it !!!!

View all my reviews

Comentarios

Entradas populares