The Weight of It All by N.R. Walker: Enjoyable read with imperfect and real characters

The Weight of It AllThe Weight of It All by N.R. Walker

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was an enjoyable read. I love imperfect characters, but this just didn't wowed me.

I liked Henry but I didn't love him. He was funny, yeah. I liked his lack of filter, but ahg, I hated that he complains so muchhhhhh. That annoys me, I usually run away from those kinda people.

Every time Henry said "I'm going to died" or "you'll kill me with this routine" or something like that, I literally screamed to my kindle.... That poor thing didn't deserve my yellings, it wasn't its fault!

However, I liked Henry's development. He joins the gym and starts working out because his douche bag boyfriend left him and he wants to get fit so his ex will come back *but* in the process, his heart starts healing and he realizes so many things that he was blind before. He starts taking care of himself because he wants to, not because of someone else. Not even for his new love interest, Reed, his personal trainer.

I liked Reed and Henry together, the build up was great but I'd have like to see more of them as a couple. And I think Reed and Henry's interaction could've been better. Sometime Henry will do all the talking and Reed will just answer "you cracked me up" and that's it. He wouldn't add anything else.

Overall, it's a good read. Even if Henry's complaints hovered right there on the edge of being annoying.



View all my reviews

Comentarios

Entradas populares