A Kind of Truth: Funny, kinky, sweet and hot. What else do I want?

A Kind of Truth A Kind of Truth by Lane Hayes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“There was more love, friendship, and affection in that look than I’d ever known. It was pure and perfect… and meant for me.”


Funny, kinky, sweet and hot. What else do I want?

Rand and Will are pretty different people with only one thing in common: Music.

“In times of stress, a musician always turned to his instrument.”

God, you have no idea how good this story was! Rand caught me from the very beginning, his mind, his sense of humor, his bluntness, his smart mouth and his passion was just what makes this story amazing. I connected with him so fast and things get so much better when he meets Will, a nerdy and shy guy with a kinky side. Their connection was undeniable and I had blast seeing their relationship grow and how they manage to accomplish their goals.

“This wasn’t an adrenaline-induced high. This was love.”

It was so realistic and it had some good steam, Will can be feral when he wants to ;). And I liked the title had a reason that you find out at the end.

Even though this book didn’t have Will’s POV, I didn’t miss it because getting to know him from Rand’s eyes was such a good experience. Side characters were pretty good too, Rand’s friends were great (I liked Tim very much) and Mr. G (from the bagels store) was so cool, wise and I LOL with him.

“A good parent learns from their children as much as they learn from us.”

The writing was great, though it repeated “over-the-top” like millions of times and it drove me crazy. Everything was “over-the-top” for Rand *eye roll*. I only have a few niggles about the plot but that didn’t pull me out of it or stop me from loving this book so much. It’s my first book by this author and I certainly enjoyed it a lot! I’m jumping to the next one right now. Highly recommend to anyone who wants something fluffy and full of passion.

View all my reviews

Comentarios

Entradas populares